Foreign Medical Graduates Examination, also known as the Medical Council of India Screening Test is a test to provide permanent and provisional registration by the National Board of Examinations (NBE) in India. FMGE is mandatory for Indian students who have pursued MBBS in Russia, Ukraine, the Philippines, Bangladesh, or any other country and attained a medical degree from any of these foreign countries other than India.
FMGE Eligibility Criteria 2021:
- Nationality: Candidates must be Indian citizens or must apply under OCI schemes.
- Qualification: The qualification of the candidates i.e the primary medical qualification must be confirmed by the Indian Embassy.
- Documents: Candidates must submit proof of their primary medical education, and those who fail to submit the required documents within the declared time period will not be considered eligible for FMGE 2021 June exam.
- Cut off marks: Candidates must obtain at least 150 out of 300 marks to be eligible for the exam, and it must be on or before 31st May 2021.
Important dates for FMGE June 2021:
|Starting of application form||2nd week of April 2021|
|Last date to the submit application||1st week of May 2021|
|Correction facility||2nd week of May 2021|
|Issue of admit card||3rd week of June 2021|
|Exam date||18th June 2021|
|Declaration of result||Last week of July 2021|
The application form of FMGE June 2021 will be made available in an online mode on the official sites. Any delayed/late application form will not be accepted by the NBE after the last date. It is compulsory to complete FMGE registration 2021 to appear for the test. FMGE registration: Click on the FMGE link provided on the official site and register by entering contact details or email id.
- Issuance of login credentials: After registering, login credentials will be generated and sent to the registered number or email id.
- Filling of application form: Login using your user id and password and fill in the personal information, qualification and then, upload the scanned images of passport size photograph, signature, and left-hand thumb impression in the application form. Lastly cross-check and submit all the details filled.
- Payment of application fee: Pay FMGE 2021 application form fee through online mode using credit/debit cards/net banking.
- Printout of confirmation page: Once the payment is done, the confirmation page will appear, verify all details mentioned and take multiple printouts of the confirmation page of the FMGE 2021 exam of the June session.
FMGE 2021 syllabus and weightage of marks:
- Physiology(17): Kidney, nerve and muscles, body fluid- blood, endocrine glances, reproduction, gastrointestinal, special senses, respiratory system.
- Biochemistry(17): Liquids, carbohydrates, isotopes, and their applications, vitamins, liver function, intermediary metabolism, biological oxidation, protein and amino acid metabolism, purine, and pyrimidine metabolism.
- Microbiology(13): Immunology, mycology, parasitology, general microbiology, bacteriology, general virology.
- Pathology(13): Cell injury, immunopathology, growth disturbance and neoplasia, genetic disorder, hematology, respiratory of kidney, disease of the breast, dermatopathology, ocular pathology.
- Pharmacology(13): Autonomic nervous system, cardiovascular system, general pharmacology, cardiovascular system, diuretics, chemotherapy, toxicology, gastrointestinal system.
Some FMGE 2021 preparation tips to follow:
- Candidates must go through the exam pattern and be clear with the syllabus.
- Make a daily routine for your study and follow it.
- Practice previous year’s question papers.
- Go through the model/sample question papers.
- Most importantly, take care of your health and eat healthy food.
FMGE Qualification Marks 2021:
Candidates must score the minimum required marks in FMGE 2021 for them to be considered qualified. As per NBE, candidates need to score at least 50% marks in the FMGE exam for the 2021 June session, as it is equivalent to 150 marks out of 300 marks. Candidates who score FMGE 2021 qualifying marks will be eligible for provisional or permanent registration from NMC or SMC.
FMGE Results 2021:
The result of FMGE 2021 for the June session will be announced on the official website. The qualified candidates will then be able to download the result card using their login credentials i.e user id and password. Candidates must have to score a minimum of 150 out of 300 marks to get the pass certificate.
Steps to check FMGE results:
- Click on the ‘Download FMGE June 2021 result’ link and enter your details used while registering for the exam.
- Then the FMGE result PDF 2021 will be displayed.
- Take the printouts of your FMGE 2021 results and keep them secured for further process.
Nevertheless, after pursuing MBBS in Ukraine, Russia, Bangladesh, Germany, or any other foreign country, it is compulsory to give licensure examination for students to practice medicine in India. Hope this article is helpful for the candidates looking for the FMGE Exam details.